It happens every year at this time. That same holiday question.
What gift are we going to give so-and-so this year???
Well, if you’re still looking for the perfect health/wellness/fitness gift for the friends and loved ones on your holiday list, I’ve put together a little gift-giving inspo to help you find the perfect health and wellness treat they’ll love. And as a bonus, there are actually two lists. One is Portland-local (yes, of course, you can still buy if you’re out of town) and the other is, well, not local. I have no affiliate connection to anything on either list, btw. I just think these things are super cool! Think of this as “Tami’s Favorite Things” 😉
- Ground Up PDX What’s Cool: All natural (and very tasty) nut butters “with a side of social change” – helping disadvantaged women in the Greater Portland area transition into the workplace with marketable skills.
- Biketown – Membership/Bike Share System What’s Cool: A healthy, fun, environmentally-friendly transportation option available for use 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, 365 days/year year-round.
- Evolve FIT Wear What’s Cool: Eco-friendly activewear – organic, recycled, and/or made in the USA.
- Claws Out – Nail Polish What’s Cool: Created by super cool Portland Monthly fashion editor, Eden Dawn, 20% of the profits for each nail color goes to support a different charity organization.
- PDX Meal Prep – Healthy Meal Delivery What’s Cool: Family owned, locally sourced, never frozen, nutritious and tasty eats delivered right to your door.
- Portland Juice Co What’s Cool: So good! Raw, cold-pressed juices and nut milks. Grab a taste at one of the mini-retail centers around town then order a delivery right to your loved one’s door. They also offer juice cleanses, as well as bone broth in collaboration with Salt, Fire and Time.
- Minnie and George – Leather Goods What’s Cool: Super stylish, functional, handcrafted and locally-sourced (the hides) leather bags and accessories.
- Vibrant Valley Farm – Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Program What’s Cool: Seasonal and ecologically sound flowers (some are even edible!), sustainably grown, with no pesticides or herbicides.
- Mizuba Tea Co – Matcha Tea What’s Cool: Non-GMO, radiation-free, preservative-free, pure matcha tea that tastes absolutely amazing.
- Bridge Nine Candle Co. What’s Cool: Long lasting, hand poured candles using all natural soy wax, 100% cotton wicks and fragrance oils. Plus, the owner is super sweet.
- Sorel Footwear What’s Cool: Rugged, yet very cool, super stylish and comfortable footwear.
- Run Fast. Eat Slow – “Flavor-Forward” Cookbook What’s Cool: Nourishing recipes for athletes by New York Marathon 2017 winner, Shalane Flanagan – the first American woman to win the marathon in 40 years!
- Lululemon – Reversible Mat 5mm Yoga Mat What’s Cool: Extra cushion for the tush and those boney parts, plus slip-resistant, easy to clean, with antimicrobial additive the lessen the “eww” effect.
- Gaiam – Yoga Mat Carrier What’s Cool: Simplistic design plus it’s inexpensive.
- Trigger Point GRID Multi-Density Foam Roller What’s Cool: My favorite foam roller has a hollow core wrapped in foam, which means it won’t lose its shape… or potency.
- Kryptonite – Kryptolok U-Lock and Cable Bicycle Lock What’s Cool: Know someone with an expensive bike but a wimpy lock? This isn’t a wimpy lock.
- Evo Jump Rope What’s Cool: Best jump rope ever! It’s customizable – rope length, handles, colors, etc.
- Apple Watch What’s Cool: Fitness-tracking (including reminders to stand up, move more, pause for mindful breathing, etc), a well-stocked App Store plus make calls (beam me up, Scotty!), send text, listen to music and more.
- Athleta What’s Cool: Say it with me, “athleisure”. Apparently, that’s a word now. Stylish (aka very cool) and sturdy yoga and athletic wear.
- Peloton Bike What’s Cool: Take an indoor cycling class right from the comfort of home.
Hope this helps with your holiday shopping!
Leave a comment and let me know which one is your favorite!